The Annual General Meeting of the University of Kelaniya Gavel Club was held on the 1st of September 2022 at the G3 Hall, Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies, University of Kelaniya.
The Executive Committee for the Academic Year 2020/21 was officially elected at this occasion. The meeting was graced by the Senior Treasurer of the Club, Dr. Jehan Senevirathne. The proceedings started off with the speech of the outgoing President, Gav. Sakuni Thilakarathne, followed by the presentation of Annual Report and Financial Accounts for the Academic Year 2019/20 by the outgoing Vice President – Education, Gav. Savini Samarasinghe and the outgoing Junior Treasurer, Gav. Praveen Bhawantha respectively.
Thereafter, the process of electing the incoming Executive Committee was officially conducted. The following Gaveliers were elected to the Executive Committee for the Academic Year 2020/21:
- President – Gav. Famidha Faiz
- Vice President – Education – Gav. Sithiji Amarasena
- Vice President – Membership – Gav. Thilini Anupama
- Vice President – Public Relations – Gav. Chehastha Gurusinha
- Secretary – Gav. Jithmi Gayara
- Assistant Secretary – Gav. Madusha Bandara
- Junior Treasurer – Gav. Sihara Jayani
- Assistant Junior Treasurer – Gav. Nadeesha Abeysekera
- Sergeant-at-Arms – Gav. Pasindu Dharmasiri
- Immediate Past President – Gav. Sakuni Thilakarathne
The proceedings were concluded with the speeches from the Senior Treasurer, Dr. Jehan Senevirathne and the incoming President, Gav. Famidha Faiz, where the plans for the upcoming term were mentioned. The meeting was a modest success, with a substantial number of Gaveliers participating the occasion.